OCaml version 4.10.0 is now available.
Some of the highlights in this release are:
- A new best-fit allocator for the major heap which reduces both GC cost an memory usage.
- Some preliminary runtime work for OCaml multicore
- Immutable strings are now enforced at configuration time
- User-defined indexing operators for multidimensional arrays
- Coming soon: statmemprof, a new statistical memory profiler
- The external API will be release next version
- Various improvements to the manual
- More precise exhaustiveness check for GADTs
- Many bug fixes
Check out the official announcement thread for more details.
As usually, there are six different switches: